Performed an installation today that didn't go well. We were installing a 4 ton, 16 SEER system unit, and things went wrong from the first 20 minutes on site when we learned that the condensing unit was bolted to the slab. We didn't have a sawzall to cut the bolts because I had left it at home for another project. We couldn't start welding the copper lines because the can of Rx-11 was empty. Since my tools were stolen a month or so ago, I didn't have a swage kit, so I had to weld a bunch of fittings in place to seal the lineset.
Worst of all, when the unit started running, we were ready to test the unit, the heater came on and heated the house up to 100 degrees at 8pm. We finally found a new thermostat to install, and our problem was solved. It felt like Mr. Murphy was sitting on our shoulders reminding us of his laws and letting us know that everything was going to go wrong.
In all, it took 10 hours to complete what should have taken 5 to 6 hours to complete.